Brother TD4420DN 4″ Direct Thermal Receipt Printer
Brother TD4420DN offers 203dpi and fast print speeds of up to 8ips, 4” desktop network thermal printers affordably print barcode labels, tags, and receipts for SMB supply chain operations. Ideal for inventory, shipping, barcode, and shelf labeling, these precision-built barcode label printers deliver the right levels of performance, quality, and integration at an exceptional value. Experience fast spindle-less media loading, Windows compatibility, ZPL II emulation, intuitive design software, and Brother template mode. Now, you can easily and affordably produce the labels you need, with the reliability and support that only Brother delivers. Because powerful desktop printing doesn’t always come at a price.
Brother TD4420DN 4″ Direct thermal printers Spec.
- New Industry Pricing for a Desktop Network Printer with a 2 Year Limited Premier Warranty Combines Best Performance with Lowest Costs and Best Limited Premier Warranty. Choose from limited warranty extension options up to a maximum of 5 years coverage.
- Improved thermal image capability – Prints up to a full roll of labels at up to 8ips‡ in a single print job Helps increase productivity and higher print job volume from a desktop printer
- Wide Range of Compatible Software Solutions Seamless integration with backwards compatibility with virtually any competitive desktop printer‡
- Complete Thermal Printing Solution – Includes Design Software Comes with virtually everything needed to design and print high quality media right out of the box
- Direct Thermal Technology has the Fewest Moving and Total Parts Required to Print Dependable printing technology that produces barcodes that are accurate and scan reliably
- Innovative Media Width Sensor Accurate and faster media calibration
- Spindle-Less, Spring Loaded Media Guides with Adjustable Open-and-Lock Position True drop-in and easier media loading experience
- Future Proof Optional Accessories – Purchase Only What is Needed Purchase easy to install optional accessories when needed after deployment
- Ambidextrous Top Cover Latches Open top cover from either side of the printer
- Field Replaceable Print Head and Platen Roller Easy to replace print head and platen roller without any tools
|Use Model||Desktop Thermal Printer|
|Printing Technology||Direct Thermal|
|Media / Print Width||4.65″ (118mm) / 4.27″ (108.4mm)|
|Print Head Resolution||203 x 203 dpi|
|Print Engine Speed||Up to 8ips (203.2mm/sec.)|
|Printer Size (W x H x L)||7.08″ (180mm) x 6.10″ (155mm) x 8.82″ (224mm)|
|Control Panel||3 Keys / 3 LEDs|
|Real Time Clock||None|
|Media Loading||Drop-In Spindle-Less Design l Rear Feed (External Roll and Fanfold)|
|Media Specifications||Width: 0.75″-4.65″ (19mm-118 mm) l Thickness: 2.0mil-11mil (0.058mm-0.279mm) l Length: 0.25″-118.11″ (6.4mm-3,000mm)|
|Printer Sensors||Top Cover, Transmissive (Gap), Full Width Moveable Reflective (Black Mark), Peeler (optional)*|
|Printer Languages / Emulations||Raster Graphics, ZPL II®, CPCL, Text (Template/Form), ESC P|
|Printer Memory||Standard with 64MB Flash, 256MB SDRAM|
|OS Supported||Windows Server 2016/2012R2/2012/2008R2/2008/2003, Windows 10/8/7, Windows XP, Linux|
|SDK Support||Windows (b-PAC), Android 4.0.3 or Higher, iOS 8 or Higher|
|Standard Interfaces||Ethernet LAN (10/100Base-TX), USB 2.0, RS232C Serial|
|Security Protocols||LAN: 802.1x (EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, EAP-MD5)|
|Resident Barcodes||Linear: Code39, Code93, Code128, ITF, UPC-A/E, EAN8/13, GS1-128 (UCC/EAN-128), GS1 DataBar (RSS), MSI/Plessey, Industrial 2/5, Codabar (NW-7), POSTNET
2D: PDF417/MicroPDF417, Data Matrix, Maxicode, QR Code/Micro QR Code, Aztec
|Power Specifications||External AC Power Adapter (Input: 100-240VAC 50/60 Hz, 2.0A, Output: 24VDC 5A)|
|Limited Warranty||2-year Premier Limited (Includes Print Head and Platen Roller)|
|More information||Find more information on Brother TD 4 Series|
|Brother TD-4XXX Direct Thermal Desktop Printer model comparison, ordering information|
|TD4410D. Direct Thermal, USB||Buy TD4410D|
|TD4420DN. Direct Thermal, USB, Ethernet LAN||Buy TD4420DN|
|TD4420DNP. Direct Thermal, USB, Ethernet LAN, Label Peeler||Buy TD4420DNP|
|TD4550DNWB. Direct Thermal, USB, Ethernet LAN, Wi-Fi® WLAN, Bluetooth||Buy TD4550DNWB|
Should you go with direct thermal or thermal transfer?
Direct thermal print technology is ideal for producing high-quality labels that need to last six months or less, such as shipping labels, receipts, tickets, and labels for perishable goods.
Thermal transfer printing is best suited for long-term labeling applications that will be used for more than six months or exposed to harsh conditions such as chemicals, light, high temperatures or water.